CNN's Legal Department is seeking a Rights and Clearances Manager to join our team who has a passion for journalism, is curious, innovative, and dynamic, and who excels in a fast-paced environment of responsibility and freedom. This role works closely with editorial teams around the world to support various CNN networks and platforms to acquire third party content (video, photos, audio, etc.). This role can be in Hong Kong, London or the US in Atlanta or New York.
• Negotiates, reviews and drafts related license agreements and other content agreements. At the direction of CNN media attorneys, assess risk and records approval of fair use requests.
• Provides advice and analysis of rights and terms for the use of licensed third-party material to all CNN editorial staff.
• Co-manages internal database to administer, track and file acquired rights, fair use material, license agreements and invoices.
• Maintains and updates daily internal sites for all licensed third-party material to inform all CNN platforms of permissible uses, rights and restrictions.
• Files, tracks and codes all license agreements and invoices and coordinates payment with CNN accounting.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Exhibit a professional demeanor and good judgment
• Follow up on assignments until completion
• Self-starter, who takes initiative and is resourceful; takes ownership of tasks and projects
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to interact with editorial staff, team-members and third parties
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple assignments; work well under pressure
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
• Team player
• Fast learner with strong organizational skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where meeting deadlines is a priority and handling multiple matters simultaneously is the norm
• Comfortable and competent with technology, from clearance software to internet research to MS Office (including redlining)
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends and holidays on a rotating basis to accommodate the 24/7 news cycle.
• College degree (or relevant work experience in lieu of a college degree)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d816v9-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.