The CNN Research team is looking for an analyst to support CNN's TV Newsgroup businesses. We blend primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high-profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights including the executive team. Along with regular reporting of the networks' linear performance, you will be part of a team that supports CNN's Political, Public Relations and Program and Content Strategy teams, as well as CNN's Original Series Program Development team. CNN is a 24x7 breaking news environment and this role will require some level of responsiveness outside of core business hours. This role will be required to do some rotational weekend ''on-call'' work – approximately 2-3 hours on the weekend.
• Develop an understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
• Assist in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN and HLN brands, as well as competitive networks
• Provide support and recommendations (with manager oversight) for the CNN/HLN Executive Management Team
• Support the larger Research team in Upfront and long-range budget estimates (LRP)
• Extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree required with mathematics, finance, media, research, marketing or business degree preferred
• Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in Finance, Data Analysis, Media Research, Media Buying/Planning, Market Research.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Word). You must be able to do: Pivot Tables, Excel analysis formulas (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.) and formatting data, create and edit charts in Excel.
• Strong analytical skills -- ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of data with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and transform into meaningful, actionable information.
• Must be well-organized, flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and be detail oriented
• Ability to meet deadlines and have excellent follow-up skills
• Basic knowledge – and a strong interest in TV, News, and the Media landscape
• Passion for current events and news is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8185q-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.