Universal Music Group
New York, NY
As a Recruiter, you'll partner with leaders across multiple News & Sports brands (CNN, HLN, Bleacher Report & Turner Sports) to understand their talent needs. You'll spend your time engaging top talent in the market and getting them excited about the work we do. You'll rely on tradition and non-traditional methods to identify candidates. You'll manage the end-to-end recruiting process (posting roles, leading kickoffs, screening & evaluating candidates, managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, serving as an Advisor to hiring managers, prioritizing diversity and ensuring the interview process is inclusive, and, finally, offer negotiation).
The business areas that you'll support are: Programming, Production, Editorial, Development, Content and Studios.
• Be a trusted partner with various stakeholders to understand business, department and position needs. Develop recruiting strategies to source, attract and recruit to fill key positions.
• Manage full-cycle recruitment, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Own the strategy to lead recruiting discussions with hiring managers and HR.
• Develop an effective interview and sourcing strategy, with an eye toward internal and diverse talent.
• Design creative job postings to better attract candidates, build key competitive research and develop industry profiles.
• Leverage tools to heavily source candidates (Brassring, Avature, LinkedIn, etc.).
• Partner with hiring managers on candidate slate from initial presentation to finalist selection and offer, including negotiating salary terms.
• Build and leverage network (business resource groups, professional organizations with a focus on diversity) to become a subject matter expert in creative recruitment.
• Target, attend and source from key industry related events.
• Proactively support, educate and advocate for internal talent.
• Partner with HR, Organizational Development, and internal talent ambassadors to ensure employees are supported through their career development.
• Lead and/or participate in special projects that support continuous business process improvement.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a top tier talent acquisition organization. Experience in both ''in-house'', agency, and/or entertainment a plus.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with candidates, HR partners and clients.
• Excellent project management skills (critical thinker, manages expectations, follows timeline, communicates progress effectively, etc.).
• Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to understand business functions.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.