WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
The Production Assistant for CNN's Morning Programming works closely with show producers to find best video and elements for segments and packages within CNN systems and elsewhere. The Production Assistant cuts soundbites and VOs, helps producers gather elements for in-house packages, and orders and creates graphics. Each PA is responsible for calling elements in the control room, and for pitching both package and guest ideas. The PA will also run teleprompter in the control room. They help producers with research for guest segments, and must work closely with rights and clearances, affiliate desk and assignment desks to ensure best video is used and sourced properly. The Production Assistant must code video and create banners, and work under extremely tight deadlines. The PA will also work closely in the control room with writers, line producer and senior producers on best sound bites and VOs for live reads and teases.
Must be able to regularly work an overnight or early morning shift and work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• One year of production or related experience with some experience in video and graphics. Newsroom experience preferred.
• Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to be detail oriented
• Knowledge of current events and strong editorial judgement are also important
• Able to juggle many tasks at once.
• Experience in editing a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxq05z-44-201-94-72-42 in your application.