New York, NY
Production Assistant (CNN+)
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing.
We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
WarnerMedia seeks a Production Assistant for the CNN department. In this role, you will help producers experiment, develop and create the next generation of video content.
• Work closely with editorial team to assist with all elements of production
• Assist in compiling research
• Assist with any fact checking to ensure that all content meets the quality, journalistic and legal standards of CNN
• Edit selects or cutdowns of content
• Write drafts of compelling interview descriptions, guest bios, and headlines
• Help manage workflows, calendars, and team communications
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, creative content
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work
• Partner with various internal stakeholders within the team and across the organization
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 1+ years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Detail and process-oriented and capable of multitasking and coordinating many moving parts. I nherent curiosity and strong inclination for news, trending stories, and current events is critical.
• Proficiency in adobe suite, a plus Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yy2v-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.