New York, NY
CNN invented cable news in 1980, defined online news in 1995 and is now taking the next step in expanding what news can be by launching CNN+. With an unrivaled global reach, storytelling, and world class talent, we are building CNN+, a streaming product that will grow the reach and scope of the CNN brand in a way that no one else is doing. We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news as we build our next chapter.
The Production Assistant will work closely with CNN's emerging products team to help create content for next-generation products, with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. In this role you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
This Production Assistant assists in the production of live interviews that dive deep on daily news headlines and current topics. An ideal candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills, a passion for news programming, and excellent editorial judgement. Must be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment is necessary.
• Collaborate with APs and Producers to develop live interviews
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building content based on daily news topics
• Research news topics and help write research packets
• Manage and maintain talent guides
• Coordinate and manage editorial calendars
• Help build and maintain internal workflow systems
• Edit video cutdowns for post-production and distribution
• Assist in the creation and edit of video and graphic elements
• Manage communication between production teams and control room
• Perform duties in the control room to ensure smooth production
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality work
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Experience working on videos for digital, mobile and/or television platforms
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Excellent editing skills; Adobe suite/Premiere preferred
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Must be agile, adaptable and dependable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day or night, as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Control room experience, a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxx23-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.