Producer, Longform (CNN+)
We are seeking an experienced Producer to join the team that will create premium longform content exclusively for CNN+. This is an ambitious and exciting new unit that requires strong leaders and creative storytellers who have experience producing feature content with a sharp focus on popular culture. The Producer will collaborate with the senior leadership team on overall editorial production of longform feature segments.
• The Producer will work with the senior leadership team in the pitching, development, and production of enterprising, longform feature content that will air on CNN+.
• The ideal candidate is creative and has deep knowledge of news as it relates to the nuances of popular culture and a passion for unearthing stories and topics that are provocative and buzzworthy.
• This person should be highly organized as they will be responsible for multiple segments, in coordination with the Executive Producer and the senior leadership team.
• This candidate should have extensive script writing (and re-writing!) experience, and be capable of working closely with senior producers and producers on their scripts and pitches.
• The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-based, creative environment and is capable of creating premium content, maintaining schedules and workflows, while meeting aggressive deadlines for on-budget work.
• Candidates should have experience managing teams in the field and should be adept at creating premium content on a tight timeline.
• The Producer reports to the Supervising Producer and will have a hand in the management and growth of junior team members, including associate producers, production associates and interns.
• This individual will work to ensure that the content being produced meets the quality, and journalistic and legal standards of CNN.
• There will be moderate to heavy travel as producers will be managing shoots in the field.
• This role is based in New York.
• Multiple years experience producing long form and feature storytelling.
• Multiple years experience in shooting and producing in the field.
• Strong editorial judgement, and a knowledge of the digital landscape is required.
• Ability to work enthusiastically in a collaborative, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8o9k-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.