Your New Role…
The Producer for CNN International Productions is a vital role in the network's revenue-driving content team. They are responsible for producing content for CNN's various platforms -- from writing digital features to crafting bite-sized social videos, to creating 30-minute TV shows. This position is ideal for a someone with experience in producing beautiful, impactful stories for digital, TV and social platforms who has a passion for global storytelling.
• Write and craft content that connects with audiences– wherever they are and wherever they're going next. They conceive story treatments across a range of different platforms while maintaining CNN's high journalistic standards.
• Work across CNN's portfolio of sponsored series, often in partnership with other producers or section editors, to deliver against defined programming goals, KPIs, and audience growth targets.
• Work in a team that collaborates with regional bureaus on different continents to introduce CNN's global audience to the wonders, innovations, and compelling characters found in locations all around the world.
• Take on ambitious written and video storytelling challenges, working with CNN's on-air talent and various teams across the organization to deliver content that distinguishes CNN against the company's competitors.
• Create stand-out digital content including long and short-form articles, interactives, image galleries, videos, and social content.
• Research, pitch, conduct interviews, field produce, and write creative stories that touch a variety of topics including business, travel, and culture.
• Partner with camera operators and video editors to create compelling video features to engage with CNN's global audience.
• Build digital content in CMS, write headlines or tease language optimized for search, and regularly review analytics with the Content Insights team to inform further content plans.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Proven track record of creating engaging editorial content (written, video, and social)
• Strong, compelling writing skills for television and digital
• Passion for using social media as a publishing and audience engagement tool
• Comfortable with news, business, and feature production
• Strong communicator and collaborator
• Proven editorial judgment
• A deep understanding of effective storytelling on multiple platforms
• A solid understanding of current affairs
• Must be organized, detail oriented, fast, and efficient
• Able to multi-task booking, logistics, and research for multiple projects
• A positive, self-starting attitude with high performance standards
• Seeks constructive feedback and acts upon ideas for improvement
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r03pj6-44-200-112-172-42 in your application.