This producer is responsible for guest segments, interviews, and must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis. We're looking for a producer with strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements. The Producer will work closely with other senior producers and management to ensure that direction of segments fit the mission and that copy is urgent. Must be able to produce segments under tight deadlines and pitch story & guest ideas. This producer must have the ability to write package scripts on tight deadlines, and craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research.
The position will partner with the production teams and editors to: identify and develop stories, offer input into interview subjects and conduct pre-interviews that provide depth, insight and balance, conduct research and identify, acquire and organize distinctive archival footage and existing CNN material, help craft story lines, write scripts, field produce and/or remotely supervise field production, supervise the edit process, obtain necessary legal clearance, and vet their individual projects. This role is particularly critical producing instant specials where the deadlines are tight and visual elements aren't always apparent. The position requires helping develop and mentor junior staff, keeping tabs on production costs to bring projects in under budget and strong story-telling ability.
• 5+ years producing experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Field production experience and control room experience are necessary.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• Must have a strong news background.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj8161-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.