Freelance Producer, CNN Business
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to tell stories rooted in journalism and facts through the next generation of news and information experiences. This team is building the content that will be offered directly to consumers. You ' ll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Business is looking for a well-rounded producer to join a small team that ideates, books, writes, and produces live content.
This producer is primarily responsible for booking guest segments and control room producing CNN Business' livestreamed shows and events. This includes producing 'Markets Now,' a weekly livestreamed show that examines what's moving markets and what strategies investors should consider, as well as other livestreamed specials on CNN Business and live off-platform events, which feature newsmaking interviews.
This producer will be the team's booking representative and is responsible for making pitches, booking guests, conducting pre-interviews when needed and obtaining research. This individual works with the technical team to set up windows for pre-show guest testing. This individual should always aim to upgrade the quality of bookings, including high-profile company leaders, experts in their field, and buzzy new startups.
This producer is also able to move around a rundown and control room as needed, and understands the various facets of producing a live show. This includes identifying stories, writing scripts and building segments with the guidance of senior producers, as well as working with the technical team in the control room.
The ideal candidate is calm under pressure, works well under deadlines, and has a strong command of business news programming. The ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this role. Experience in digital and/or live television news production is required.
This position is currently remote, but is planned to move to partially in-person in our NY offices in 2022.
• 5+ years producing experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Field production experience or control room/live production experience are necessary.
• Must have strong research and writing skills.
• Strong editorial judgement required.
• Business news background preferred.
• INews fluency preferred.
• Experience booking guests or equivalent preferred.
• Requires someone who isn't afraid to reach out to PR reps/agents to book guests for shows/events, and who will spend time building relationships needed for longer term bookings.
• Requires a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyovkk-3-92-28-52-42 in your application.