This producer is responsible for both guest segments and field producing. They must pitch compelling and creative segment ideas on a daily basis. The producer needs strong editorial judgment with the ability to select key video and soundbites to ensure a highly produced segment. They must have the ability to write package scripts on tight deadlines. This producer will craft hard-hitting segment questions based on thorough research. This position requires someone with significant field experience who can crash field edits or set up live shots.
• 7+ years producing with both field and control room experience.
• Must be a creative thinker with the ability to find new and entertaining ways to present information, new angles to approach stories, and the organizational skills to bring it all together.
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic are critical for the position.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke5oq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.