This producer is responsible for executing live segments, interviews and taped spots for CNN's morning show. The Producer I will lead in the control room and calmly handle breaking news situations. The producer needs strong editorial judgment to help generate compelling and creative segment ideas, and will be responsible for selecting key video, soundbites, quotes, and other information to be used as production elements.
• Provide oversight and creation of the show rundown, building segments and developing story ideas from beginning to air.
• Write scripts, segment questions and conduct research on very tight deadlines
• Discuss segment elements and suggested questions with Anchor, Executive Producer and other show producers.
• Gather elements for segments and prepares material for air, including editing of soundbites and graphics.
• Make important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team.
• Must be familiar with using social media to gather information and find booking opportunities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxoeno-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.