Job Title: PR Coordinator, CNN
Job Location: United States – Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Your New Role...
This fast-paced communications team member will work collaboratively with the CNN Worldwide communications staff in to manage administrative tasks for the department as well as support strategic and innovative publicity campaigns. The role requires extensive organizational skills, attention to detail, creative, energetic, out-of-the-box ideas and a strong interest in public relations.
The role is largely communications support but will involve administrative support tasks as well. Additional support for the CNN communications team will include media monitoring, pitching, event support, cross-cultural/department communication and coordinating talent and executive public engagement logistics. This role will focus on DC-based programming, newsgathering and talent support.
Your Role Accountabilities...
This team needs a proactive, independent, organized professional to support its business initiatives and objectives. Candidates need to have incredible attention to detail, a passionate interest in the news, digital media and the journalism industry, an adaptability to adjust to a fast-paced cycle, along with familiarity with CNN's networks and platforms. This is an hourly position, and eligible for additional overtime pay.
• Support creative campaign strategies and pitches for CNN programming, reporting, and network talent features.
• Monitor and conduct media outreach and collect press coverage to share with wider team.
• Develop and maintain media lists and relationships with press.
• Support event planning for local and national marketing executions to support brands and talent.
• Pitch and secure coverage in trade publications, newspapers, magazines, radio and online media.
• Support and execute external speaking engagements for talent.
• Generate innovative ideas to participate in brainstorming sessions.
• General global publicity support for CNN talent, newsgathering, and programming.
• Maintain a database of various internal trackers and organize press lists.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Strong digital communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Extensive knowledge and use of AP Style writing.
• They should have robust organizational skills and attention to detail and a healthy interest in news and digital media.
• Demonstrated experience with platforms including TweetDeck, Excel, CMS, Cision and Wordpress is preferred.
• College degree required.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxz54q-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.