Producer, En Espanol
Planning Producer (Guest Booking) - CNN International
The Planning Producer is a critical, Atlanta-based position that provides CNN International with guest planning resources across weekends and weekdays. The Planning Producer will aggressively chase key guests, scheduling strong experts and newsmakers across a range of news programs. They will handle breaking news coverage, quickly putting guests on air who can provide context and insight for our audience.
The Planning Producer provides essential editorial leadership, particularly on weekends during solo shifts. The Planning Producer will take part in daily editorial meetings, offering input on coverage plans. They will suggest new and diverse voices and pitch segment ideas. They will manage the network's relationships with guests, ensuring that guests and CNN International show teams alike can expect consistently positive experiences. The Planning Producer will leave a detailed handover note at the end of each shift to ensure the next colleague on duty has all the information and tools to operate effectively.
Candidates must have strong editorial, booking, logistics, writing, research, web meeting, and phone skills. They must be detail-oriented, with experience covering breaking news.
* College degree in Bachelor of Arts or international equivalent
* Minimum 2 years of television experience a must
* Willingness to work weekends
* Demonstrated experience and broad knowledge of television production
* Knowledge of international news with a special emphasis on the EMEA region
* Ability to work and communicate well under tight deadlines within a team and across departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97727-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.