Temporary Photo Editor
CNN Digital seeks a Photo Editor for the CNN Viz Photo department.
• You will create photo essays and galleries for breaking news and feature stories.
• You will select the best images on a story to lead the CNN Digital website.
• You will write captions and headlines on photo essays and galleries and be able to produce packages for online consumption.
• You will produce daily and long-term projects in support of all CNN Digital.
• You will pitch creative and thoughtful photo coverage ideas, working in tandem with the global digital news desks as well as the programming, social, design and interactive teams.
• You will pinpoint unusual and trending stories and find ways to illustrate them.
• You will produce photo loops, photo splits and be able to do screen grabs from live satellite feeds.
• In a fast-paced news environment, you will act as quality control on images that are graphic or raise a red flag, especially coming from third parties that require deep vetting and discussion.
• You will work with CNN's Rights and Clearances team to ensure that images coming from third-party sources are licensed properly.
• Four or more years of photo-editing experience in a newsroom.
• A solid news background with an understanding of a variety of themes, including politics, business, international news, entertainment and sports.
• Extremely strong news judgment and an ability to work in a fast-paced news environment.
• Experience working at a digital news platform or a news photo agency preferred.
• Knowledge of emerging and established photographers and photo agencies around the world preferred.
• Interest in the photojournalism industry and its trends.
• Knowledge of AP style.
• Experience with content management systems, Abobe Photoshop and PhotoMechanic.
• Experience with Adobe Premier and Illustrator are a big plus.
• Familiarity with SEO and web analytics are a bonus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yjme-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.