Package Writer / Producer
WarnerMedia seeks a Cross-Platform Producer for the Content Production department.
The Package Writer/Producer is an experienced journalist and editorial leader who delivers crafted news pieces daily for CNN worldwide. This producer will join a team of fellow producers who enjoy collaborating, writing and producing original content for use by CNN's TV and Digital platforms.
• Writing and producing day-of news packages on tight and crashing deadlines for CNN's political and primetime news programs including The Lead with Jake Tapper, The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer, Erin Burnett OutFront and Anderson Cooper 360
• Collaborate with the editorial teams to develop and create video concepts across CNN digital platforms
• Research, write and produce content with a cohesive narrative
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality work
• Overseeing edits from conception to air
• Communicating a clear vision with your editor
• Organizing video and graphical elements
• Assuring content meets CNN editorial standards
• Communicating with show teams, field producers and correspondents throughout edit
• Field producing on occasion
Must have a strong command of news programming and be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ideal candidate must also have superior editorial judgment. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. Experience in digital and/or television news production is required.
• We are looking for a storyteller and a creative individual with a proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms
• Excellent writing, producing, and editing skills
• Someone who is continuously searching for new and engaging ways to present information and who has the producing and writing skills to make those ideas come to life
• Serious interest in national and political news: the story of the day, the nuances, an understanding of the key players, and how to break it down for our audience
• This position requires outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task
• Social media savviness and an understanding of social content to identify and produce stories that will help grow CNN's audience across all platforms
• 5+ years of professional experience and 3+ experience working with newsroom show teams, field teams, and in alignment with creative departments such as editing, animation and graphics is desired
• Other language skills are highly valued
• Bachelor's degree or similar demonstrated on-the-job experience
• Must be able to work extended/flexible/floating schedule as the news cycle and business needs require
• Agility in work environment
• The I+S Producer may at times work in an enclosed edit bay, an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company-provided laptop. Image+Sound follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb706x-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.