Newsgathering Producer, National Assignment Desk
Los Angeles, CA
CNN seeks a Newsgathering Producer, Social Video for the National Assignment Desk. CNN Newsgathering producers will execute newsgathering through social discovery of stories for all CNN Platforms. The Newsgathering Producer finds, acquires, surfaces and vets digital and social video material for CNN use. The position is responsible for working across the network on breaking news stories and obtaining and vetting video content produced by social media users and videos released publicly by governmental organizations.
• Generates news leads via new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via social media, along with other facets of newsgathering.
• Leverages social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to drive audience engagement, traffic.
• Responsible for continuing to drive our coverage both on-air and online therefore must have a strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing these and other social and digital resources in delivering the news to our viewers/readers
• Facilitate and lead the vetting process with CNN partners in Legal, Standards & Practices and editorial research.
• Well-versed in public records searches and creative in finding solutions to reporting obstacles
• Communicates with managers, bureaus and news teams keeping them abreast of developing story opportunities, breaking news, and other changes
• Leverage the real-time internet for news and information leads
• Responsible for reviewing publicly released videos and sharing the most important, reportable information across the CNN platforms
• 4-6 years of Newsroom experience or related news media field.
• Strong writing and research skills, proven editorial judgment
• Proficient in use of the web/internet, have strong social media newsgathering skills along with a working knowledge of news media legal issues.
• Strong newsgathering, social verification and editing skills, fluency in social publishing and analytics.
• Newsgathering experience in traditional and digital/social
• Outstanding news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, writing skills, organization skills, and an ability to be persistent yet diplomatic
• Undergraduate degree in journalism/related field or commensurate experience is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj86x1-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.