Senior News Editor
Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR
The Newsdesk producer based in Hong Kong is responsible in coordinating daily news coverage throughout Asia Pacific, liaising with regional bureaus, the newsdesks in Atlanta, London and Abu Dhabi, CNN Digital, and senior management in Hong Kong.
Areas of Responsibility
• The Newsdesk Producer will assign reporters to news and business stories across Asia, facilitating regional newsgathering demands, anticipating day-to-day deadlines in a timely and proactive manner.
• Respond to breaking news in conjunction with the International Desk, handling editorial requests and communicating across multiple CNN platforms
• Vet and produce the best content available for all CNN platforms
• Preparing Futures prospects for Asia, anticipating and understanding the varied program requirements and coordinating logistics for features and special events.
• Minimally 5 years of experience in journalism, preferably broadcasting
• Experience working as an assignment editor or news producer
• Field experience is also recommended
• Excellent news judgement, time management skills and attention to detail
• Good working knowledge of CNN newsgathering system, including satellites, package production, affiliate relationships and CNNI programming
• Deep understanding of digital and their newsgathering and production needs
• Proficient in using social media and understanding how CNN can harness social media platforms for stories
• Good people skills drive and determination and an ability to coordinate across regional hubs
• Sound understanding of political, social and economic impact of events and issues across the region
• Excellent command of the English language; other Asian or foreign languages are very beneficial
• Comfortable with regional travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzn8k1-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.