Newsdesk Journalist, En Espanol
Newsdesk Journalist, CNN en Español (Temp)
The News Desk Journalist (NDJ) coordinates the news gathering for our 24 hr. Spanish language network.
• The NDJ will generate new leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgement, and will keep a constant flow of content using wires, web sites, contacts and social media to update the channel and to create new opportunities throughout the day with innovative and engaging interesting material.
• The NDJ must ensure that possible reporting and breaking news coverage makes air in a timely fashion.
• This role is responsible for continuing to drive our coverage both on-air and online, therefore must have a strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing these and other social and digital resources in delivering the news to our viewers/readers.
• NDJ will write occasional stories for developing and breaking news for all platforms.
• NDJs coordinate story assignments for staff correspondents in the US, Mexico, Argentina and freelance reporters throughout the world; work with media coordinators, CM/DOC and Copy Editors to create the news brief pods.
• NDJs are responsible for updating the tickers for the 3 feeds in collaboration with the Copy Editor.
• Coordinate domestic and international satellite feeds, package and video feeds using FTP technology and live or pre tape reports using BGAN technology.
• Ensure flow of information on important stories or breaking news is also filtered to other CNN platforms including CNN.com, CNNEspanol.cnn.com, CNN Radio, and CNN Wires.
• Maintain regular contact with national and international desk as well as other departments and colleagues to explore joint coverage opportunities and collaborating with digital on coverage.
• NDJs responsible for writing, tracking, and producing news briefs during overnight and other select shifts.
• NDJs occasionally asked to deliver live, on-air, breaking news bulletins.
• 3-5 years' experience as assignment editor
• 3-5 years' experience in booking international and domestic satellites
• Field producing experience and story assignment coordination of domestic and international correspondents
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• College graduate (4 years degree) in journalism or similar or commensurate experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gke818-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.