WarnerMedia seeks a Writer for CNN International.
• The Writer will be responsible for crafting various types of news stories, including voiceovers, package tosses, opens and teases.
• The candidate should be able to produce high-volume, high-quality copy under deadline pressure.
• The candidate must have a proven ability to function successfully in the control room and newsroom environments.
• In addition to writing, this person must be able to work with remotely based producers and communicate effectively with Media Operations, handle graphics requests and work with Producers on elements for live shots.
• Must be willing to work any shift including weekends and overnights.
• The successful applicant must have a BA or equivalent work experience.
• At least one year experience as a full-time writer or successful completion of writer training in a CNN newsroom.
• It is important for the candidate to have a thorough understanding and proven experience in handling international stories.
• A working knowledge of political news is a plus.
• Successful candidates will demonstrate a knowledge of and active participation in social media as a news tool.
• Working knowledge of CNN systems including Image & Sound, MediaSource, assignment desks, control rooms and graphics is preferred.