Creative Services Editor / Producer
CNN seeks a News Editor for the National Assignment Desk. CNN News Editors initiate, propel, and facilitate the execution of stories for all CNN Platforms. The position is responsible for generating news leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via e-mail, telephone and social media, along with other facets of newsgathering.
• Generates news leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via e-mail, telephone and social media, along with other facets of newsgathering
• Foster relationships and works closely with platform partners, field personnel and executive teams to develop and execute high-quality journalism
• Communicates with managers, bureaus and news teams keeping them abreast of developing story opportunities, breaking news and other changes
• Responsible for continuing to drive our coverage both on-air and online therefore must have a strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing these and other social and digital resources in delivering the news to our viewers/readers
• Leverage the real-time internet for news and information leads
• 4-6 years of Newsroom experience or related news media field.
• Strong writing and research skills, proven editorial judgment
• Proficient in the use of the web/internet, have strong social media newsgathering skills.
• Newsgathering experience in traditional and digital/social
• An undergraduate degree in journalism/related field or commensurate experience is required.