This critical role on the desk is tasked with prioritizing and driving CNN International's daily news agenda both breaking and day-to-day news stories. The NDP is part of a team of journalists that discover, chase and verify daily news lines from around the world ensuring accuracy and is a key liaison with our field teams. This role is responsible for creating and facilitating content for the platforms – from TV to digital. The NDP is audience-focused and has a clear understanding of how content reaches audiences on different platforms.
• Strong editorial judgment, news writing and editing skills.
• Skilled at adapting to a changing environment and demonstrated excellence in breaking news situations.
• Organized and effective communicator. He/she ensures communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms is timely and accurate.
• Integral part of the Newsdesk, covering planned events and breaking news for all platforms including TV, Digital, social and affiliates.
• Provides guidance, direction, editorial and production support to all platforms under direction from Senior News Editors.
• Ensures content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience.
• Clears and communicates visual and editorial content for all platforms. Primarily interface with assigned teams in the field.
• Will oversee the production and post-production of content and will also be expected to work in the Field.
• This role either writes, edits, field produces and/or shoots.
• Knowledge of digital publishing, broadcasting, news industry and the competitive landscape, including competitive news sites, channels, mobile, social media.
• The Newsdesk Producer may be expected to step up to Senior News Editor; may issue Row approved alerts to the network.
• The Newsdesk Producer can be expected to fulfill the duties of the Newsdesk Researcher when appropriate.
• This person is also required to work on the Live Production desk periodically and rotate on overnight shifts.
• May be required to work alongside the planning team.
**Must be able to work overnights/weekends/holidays**
• 1-2 year entry level Newsdesk or media experience with proven assignment management.
• Proven news content production capability for TV and Digital Research and published or broadcast writing experience.
• Proven leadership and supervisory experience.
• International travel and/or work.
• Fluency in a second language preferred.
• Digital and social media competency.
• Innovative and creative.
• Strong production skills.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8455-3-235-175-15-42 in your application.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.