Editorial Producer - The Lead With Jake Tapper
CNN News Associate – Temporary Rotational Program
Works with Bureau management to support bureau coverage and show production. Print scripts for anchors, operate the Teleprompter and greet guests. Work with live producers, show staffs and reporters on live shots and coverage of live events. Monitor a variety of sources, including social media, wires and local news to assist in newsgathering efforts. Conduct research at the direction of producers and desk management, which may include identifying video or digital stories Pitch stories for various CNN networks and platforms.
• At least one internship in a news environment and previous newsroom experience.
• Strong general news judgment and editorial skills.
• Should have the ability to multi-task and make fast decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Candidate should be computer literate and have a working knowledge of social media.
• The Washington, DC Bureau assignment desk is staffed 24 hours a day.
• Candidates should be prepared to work various shifts including overnights and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqvme-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.