Join CNN's inclusive Image+Sound team! As a member of Image+Sound you'll be part of a team focused on excellence. You'll work to develop yourself and discover ways to release your creativity. The News Assistant is part of Image+Sound's Production Services unit. Production Services provides 24/7 production and editorial expertise to support CNN's storytelling.
WarnerMedia seeks a News Assistant for the Production Operations department.
As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The News Assistant is on the front lines of broadcast production for CNN Domestic, CNN International, and HLN.
• The News Assistant will collaborate with CNN, CNNI, and HLN Control Staff and Show Teams
• You will run teleprompter for CNN branded world news programs.
• You will support CNN's television platforms daily production.
• You will work with CNN's world class journalists.
• The News Assistant will have the opportunity to gain sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities.
• You will have the chance to participate in growth and development opportunities.
• Operating teleprompter for all CNN broadcast platforms.
• Running scripts for CNN, CNNI, and HLN anchors.
• Mic'ing guests and anchors in CNN studios
• Working in a fast-paced, pressure-filled 24x7x365 newsroom.
• Bachelor's degree (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience
• Ability to work under deadline pressure.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events.
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
• Command of the English language. Other language skills are highly valued, especially Spanish.
• Ability to work a variety of schedules, including overnights and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2332-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.