The MCR Operator plays a vital role in the production of television news, balancing editorial and technical aspects of newsgathering. Working in our MCR, this position oversees intake of video, coordinating with teams in the field, newsdesk editors, control room staff, Digital and show producers to make sure that the best material can be incorporated into individual shows, multiple newscasts or for online distribution. Some of the primary functions of this position include recording and routing material in a timely manner, ensuring quality monitoring, assessing editorial and technical components meet CNN standards, and alerting editorial production teams to the best audio and video elements available.
This position is critical for our On Air programming. Working alongside other Media Coordinators, the Engineering department, the Satellite desk and other technical staff in the newsroom, or in the field, to identify and rectify and technical issues that could impact our On Air product.
You may also be called upon to ingest, and log incoming video and alert editorial production teams to the best audio and video elements available. Manage video assets on the production server and uses editorial judgment to determine what items may be deleted and what items need to be kept for quick access. You will also be required to coordinate and assign editing task to the video editors-liaising those assignments with Assignment Desk, Editors, Correspondents, Producers, Control room staff, Show Producers, Digital and Features throughout the CNN News Group.
• Overseeing incoming video, booking lines, routing, recording and alerting Assignment Desk Editors, Editors, Producers, Control Room staff, Show Producers, Wires Writers, and all groups within the CNN News Group to identify and produce interesting and relevant video content for use on television, online, or any part of the CNN operation.
• Responsible for keeping the Newsdesk and the Control Room updated with accurate information about incoming video, often in a very fast paced, dynamic environment.
• Ensuring that video incoming is recorded with proper metadata and sourcing, so that each platform within the CNN Group can easily identify if the material can be used and archived properly.
• This role is a vital link working with the London bureau HD Servers, Digital Record and Edit, liaising with the BCC, alerting relevant staff if any problems arise.
• Anticipating technical issues when planning future news coverage. Making sure that information is shared with co-workers in accurate manner.
• Ability to multitask in fast paced news environment
• Competence with Video/Audio technical standards, fluency when dealing with technical staff, understanding of key technical terms
• Strong editorial sense. Knowledge and interest in day to day international news, ability to identify key people in the news.
• Understanding of routing, recording and taking in feeds, FPT and Video Server based systems
The Nice to Haves
• Newsroom experience
• University Degree required or equivalent job experience in lieu of degree
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk9ep-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.