Manager, Talent & Development (CNN)
The Manager, Talent & Development opportunity sits within the CNN Editorial department and does not report into the Human Resources or Talent Acquisitions departments.
• Responsible for sourcing and scouting on and off-air editorial roles for all of CNN's worldwide platforms.
• Talent searches will include, but are not limited to anchors, correspondents, and reporters with a specific emphasis on producers, writers, editors, and additional high impact editorial roles.
• This person will ideally have relationships within the political journalism community and have recruiting experience at a national or international media organization.
• Additionally, this person will attend, organize, and recruit at national and regional journalism conferences, industry events, and professional development workshops.
• We are also looking for someone to manage and build talent pipeline lists for all deadline driven open searches and long-term projects.
• The manager will oversee relationships with CNN and our university partners. Some travel is required.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 5 years experience working in a news environment.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Strong interviewing, vetting, and screening skill set is required.
• Strong background in journalism/news especially in the political journalism space.
• Extensive understanding of the news and competitive media landscape.
• Individual must be able to multi-task efficiently, execute quickly, think broadly, and have strong interest in recruiting for all journalism roles.
• Ability to travel as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0ybje-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.