Senior Editor, Content Programming
New York, NY
Working closely with the Director of Program & Content Strategy, this position is responsible for managing the CNN+ live and on demand programming rollouts. The role also manages the operational aspects of the CNN+ streaming strategy including content delivery, metadata, scheduling, and systems workflow. In addition, the position contributes to the content windowing and overall ''ecosystem'' strategy between all CNN & HLN linear and non-linear platforms. This role works in a 24x7 breaking news environment and requires some level of responsiveness outside of core working hours.
• Oversee day-to-day scheduling of long form programming on the CNN+ live stream
• Manage day-to-day rollout of long form on-demand content, including proper windowing and entitlements
• Maintain a system of documents and grids to organize, execute and communicate content strategy
• Organize descriptive program details and help develop ways to optimize content metadata
• Identify strategic trends across the industry by tracking competitive streaming platforms
• Collaborate across CNN+ teams to curate content and execute programming priorities
• Monitor performance data and utilize analytics to influence content planning and strategy
• Serve as leader within the overall CNN Program & Content Strategy team for various departmental projects
• Partners closely with various internal teams across CNN.
• Bachelor's degree in media, communications and/or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in content strategy and/or research, ideally at a streaming, television,
or other digital media platform
• Familiarity with industry trends as pertaining to streaming and VOD, with a basic understanding of metrics that support non-linear content platforms
• Strong project management, communication, and collaboration skills
• Experience leading a team on a collaborative process, whether directly or indirectly
• Passion for news and non-fiction content with knowledge of current events and politics
• Quick learner around new software/systems with advanced experience in Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint
• Extremely detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and efficiently meet deadlines
Location may be flexible. All are encouraged to apply.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0mvk8-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.