Senior Project Manager
New York, NY
Manager, Live Digital Ops (CNN)
The Manager, Live Digital Ops will be responsible for leading all digital live production efforts, workflows, and tools. They will also be leading a small team of on-the-ground live technicians to support all digital native live and near live production efforts. By taking a hands-on approach, this manager will lead daily show production efforts and be required to schedule, direct and switch shows regularly. Understanding industry standard live tools like vMix, Unity, Viz Vectar, and Grass Valley AMPP, to name a few, is a requirement. Utilizing off-the-shelf technology in smart, experimental, and creative ways will help drive success. A willingness to rely on cloud-based tools and systems that will help ensure remote operation at scale is essential. This role requires flexibility, ingenuity, and creative problem solving to maintain stringent production standards against news deadlines. This is a highly collaborative role that will bridge the gap between digital, broadcast, operational, and postproduction teams.
• Directing and switching live and near live digital shows
• Managing a small team of live production specialists
• Work with technical and editorial staff to develop, implement and improve our digital live control room systems
• Maintain a detailed live production schedule and the staffing to support it
• Route, manage and QC feeds in and out of our control rooms
• Troubleshoot technical problems against tight editorial deadlines
• Train and evangelize new workflows for production teams
• Work hand in hand with editorial partners
• Administer live tools in AWS that ensure flexible and resilient production standards
• Work with engineering staff from across the organization to support mission critical tools
• 4-5 years of experience in a live, deadline driven, news environment
• Bachelor's , technical degree, or equivalent work experience
• Provide both creative and technical ideas s to Directors, Producers, Engineers and Management to help to create new workflows.
• Regularly collaborate with editorial team, graphics teams, guests, and on-camera talent
• A deep understanding of vMix, Unity Intercom, production switchers (Sony and GV), GFX, and automation systems
• A basic understanding Adobe Creative Cloud
• Serve as a technical lead and assist the technical crew during the show to ensure they are performing their job(s) up to acceptable standards.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx791q-35-172-136-29-42 in your application.