Business Development Senior Analyst
New York, NY
CNN is seeking a Manager of Business Development & Strategy to develop new revenue streams and establish growth strategies across CNN's digital properties. The individual should be self-motivated, passionate and be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks. The Business Development Manager will manage deal flow from strategy through negotiation, execution, optimization, and partner relationship management, with a focus on licensing and distribution of CNN Digital content. The Manager will report directly to the Head of Business Development and Strategy, and will be expected to be the primary owner of major business partnerships which help drive revenue and growth for CNN.
• End-to-end management of revenue-generating partnerships, including pipeline development, sourcing (inbound, outbound, long-term strategic), deal viability evaluation, business term negotiations, and deal operationalizing.
• Work closely with internal editorial and programming teams to establish and execute on high-priority CNN strategic initiatives, with a focus on licensing and distribution.
• Strategic analysis and support for verticals across CNN Digital (e.g., CNN Politics, CNN Business, CNN Originals, CNN International, CNN Health, CNN Travel, CNN Climate).
• Provide thought partnership and advisory support for GMs and editorial directors across CNN verticals, with a focus on distributing CNN content to strategic endpoints and audiences, with a focus on alignment with CNN's long-term strategic priorities.
• Partner relationship management + optimization of existing business partnerships, including new features/revenue streams, and performance improvement opportunities.
• Work centrally with teams across the CNN Digital organization, including Editorial, Product, Business Operations, and Programming.
• Develop strong relationships with counterparts across WarnerMedia and ATT ecosystem, including HBO and Bleacher Report.
• 5+ years of work experience.
• Business development, strategy, management consulting, or investment banking experience (MBA or advance degree preferred but not required).
• Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into action.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple simultaneous initiatives to successful completion.
• Ability to facilitate and communicate cross-functionally to ensure consistent development and execution of strategies.
• High degree of comfort with Microsoft Suite for analysis, research, and presentation creation.
• Creative problem solver that can proactively identify problems, pull together data and people to identify causes and develop solutions. Strong attention to detail.
• High level of emotional intelligence, with the ability to create the right solutions and approaches for each situation.
• Passion for bringing out the best in those around you and facilitating the success of others.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3ve0q-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.