Your New Role…
The Investing and Economy Explainers Editor is a best-in-class shaper and sharpener of stories and ideas. This is a role for a seasoned editor who can demystify and frame complex investing and economic topics, from stagflation to SEC regulation for a general news audience. The ideal candidate can shape sharp news analysis and features but also thrives on the breakneck pace of deadline journalism. The editor must have top-notch news judgment, love business news and have a knack for helping writers elevate their work from good to great. This person is a strong collaborator who can help shape CNN Digital's business reporting and work across teams to occasionally oversee daily coverage.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Edit breaking news and features from writers on the Business team as well as other writers, producers, reporters and correspondents across CNN.
• Edit work that is published and shared across CNN's mobile and desktop sites, apps, social accounts and other platforms.
• Edit stories that explain complex financial information to a general news audience.
• Shape story ideas and angles around complex topics. When a big story breaks, editors are often the point person to launch the first URL, keeping us sharp and fast on breaking news.
• Serve as a partner to writers in identifying distinctive angles on top stories, and in helping to make good stories great.
• CNN editors must be excellent communicators and diplomats. They are excellent providers of feedback who help elevate CNN's storytelling across a wide range of digital platforms.
• A critical component of the job will be assisting with the live stories that are an essential part of our breaking news coverage.
• Be skeptical, but not cynical – be genuinely excited by the changes and disruptions to the US economy and beyond, but also ready to take a critical look at why those changes are taking place.
• And last but never least: Editors are often the final step before a story goes to CNN's programming team to get distributed to millions of people worldwide; all news editors work intently to make sure our stories are accurate and fair so that we continue to grow the trust between CNN and our audiences.
Qualifications & Experience…
• 4+ years of digital experience
• College degree or equivalent industry experience
• Strong knowledge of or passion for business and financial news
• Excellent editing skills
• Demonstrates leadership qualities
• Strong editorial judgement
• Strong communication, team collaboration skills
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $77,840.00 - $144,560.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nno4-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.