Designer - NCAA / MML
WarnerMedia seeks a Graphics Artist for the CNNI Design department. Create still and animated graphics to support CNN, CNN International and CNN Espanol network programming.
• Passionate about strong compositional and layout design that helps push the visual needle forward.
• This position is at the driver seat to champion new methods and approaches to our daily graphic storytelling.
• Successfully manages time and resources to create a diverse scope of graphics supporting daily news and other network programming.
• Balances time vs workload to consistently deliver effective results.
• Exhibits exceptional branding skills.
• Is equally able to develop branding and work within style guides.
• Acts as the client facing point person for daily news requests who can diplomatically make suggestions to lead clients towards more effective results.
• Thorough understanding of CNN Design standards and Style is appropriately applied and advocated on all projects.
• Sound editorial thinking applied when producing graphics in support of news content.
• Keeps up with current news events that pertain to CNN, CNN International and CNN en Espanol networks and assesses how these can be effectively supported with graphics.
• During breaking news, quickly determines graphic needs of both networks; promptly and accurately expedites all necessary elements.
• Follows through with the editorial staff of both networks to ensure all needs are met.
• Supports internal graphics, conceptualizations and production needs across both networks as well as for feature content, specials, and sponsored shows.
• Degree from accredited art school with emphasis in graphic design, motion design or related field (illustration, photography, industrial design, visual communications) or equivalent work experience.
• Displays outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with other teams under extreme pressure.
• Embraces working in a diverse, collaborative environment and is willing to train and assist other designers on various levels.
• Actively contribute to overall positive and creative atmosphere of the department.
• Excellent computer, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
• Expert level at Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc), Cinema 4D knowledge a plus.
• Motion design skills are a plus.