CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
The Floor Director is responsible for managing the studio floor during studio tapings and live programming.
• Work closely with show Director communicating directions, timing cues and instructions to talent and guests as well as studio crew.
• Coordinate all movement of people and equipment in and out of the studio during production.
• Preproduction responsibilities include: participating in production meetings, turning on and checking signal on all monitoring and display devices, assisting director with camera blocking and placement, alerting scenic of set changes during production.
• Manage needs of talent on set, making sure they are fully prepared for air.
• Document studio technical and scenic set-up for each production.
• Handle audio responsibilities on set as needed and assist lighting with troubleshooting any issues on set.
• Must be able to manage and communicate clearly with a studio audience.
• One of the keys to our success is the close-knit nature of the working relationship within our control room and studio crews and with their managers, directors, and producers.
• CNN is a 24/7 news operation and this position may include working on weekend shows.
• 3 -5 years experience in a facility (network, station, production house) engaged in multiple camera production
• Experience working with talent, guests and audiences preferred
• Must be able to succeed under the pressure of a live television production environment, exhibit great attention to detail, and be a team player
• Must be able to prioritize and service multiple requests, demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills, remain calm under pressure, and show a willingness to learn and embrace new technologies
Must be available to work weekends and travel for show production as needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezb61-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.