WarnerMedia showcases some of the most iconic and cherished entertainment, news and sports brands in the world, but we are much more than that. WarnerMedia is truly where art meets science. Our combination of cutting-edge technology and an unrivaled commitment to groundbreaking storytelling builds a sense of community and meaningful connection that is shaping the future of media. We create rewarding opportunities across our entire family of brands, while championing a spirit of inclusion, innovation, self-development and support. Join WarnerMedia as we think big, live true and make the stories that move the world.
Warner Bros. Discovery, a premier global media and entertainment company, offers audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, streaming, and gaming. The new company combines WarnerMedia's premium entertainment, sports and news assets with Discovery's leading non-fiction and international entertainment and sports businesses.
CNN is a world leader in news and information, and seeks to inform, engage, and empower the world. Staffed 24 hours, seven days a week by a dedicated team in CNN bureaus around the world, CNN delivers news from journalists in every corner of the globe. CNN Digital has held the #1 ranking for US unique visitors for five consecutive years, with more unique visitors coming to CNN than any other news platform for 60 consecutive months.
This executive will lead CNN Digital worldwide, and partner with stakeholders across CNN and WBD to devise and execute a strategy that drives growth, user engagement, and revenue across platforms (web, social, audio, mobile, OTT). The CDO will set a strategy for the future of CNN Digital, and lead the transformation of our digital properties to attract new audiences and grow revenue by providing a premium and highly engaging experience for our users and best in class set of experiences for our advertisers. This leader will improve our products and their usage through the contributions of a cross-functional team of journalists, designers, product managers, data analysts, and technologists.
• Management and oversight of CNN's domestic and international digital organization
• Develop and successfully implement a comprehensive digital strategy that reinforces CNN's position as an industry leader and advances the company's strategic business goals
• Partner with editorial leaders to deliver world-class journalism and storytelling across all digital platforms
• Identify innovative monetization strategies to drive long term value for the company and partners
• Effectively manage department resources ensuring solid ROI
• Develop a world class, highly engaged, and diverse workforce
The ideal candidate will possess:
• 10+ years of experience leading an organization that includes product, technology, design, data, and revenue
• A ''dynamic doer'' attitude- upbeat, innovative, consensus-builder with a demonstrated ability to get a sprawling organization rowing in the same direction. Must be a transparent leader who seeks to eliminate silos and layers.
• 5+ years of experience in a global news organization
• A proven track record of running a performance driven business outlining clear goals and outcomes as well as the process for keeping teams accountable
• Experience managing a portfolio with a sizable P&L; has a reputation of being a responsible spender.
• Experience effectively partnering with a sales organization to drive revenue growth
• Experience in leading and managing through transformation, including organizational design and structure
• Experience managing large teams (250+) with discipline expertise
• The proven ability to collaborate with cross functional partners in a large matrixed organization while being a courageous risk-taker who is comfortable sharing a different view point to leaders at all levels.
• Expertise in using user data to drive performance and growth
• A proven track record of building high functioning, inclusive, collaborative, cross functional teams
• Smart, outgoing, personable, and collegial, this person values networking and appreciates the importance of listening
• This executive has a growth mindset, is analytical and a critical thinker who is comfortable offering innovative and disruptive ideas challenging the status quo
• Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills, who inspires confidence and trust in all stakeholders, from the most junior employee to the most senior leader.
• The successful candidate understands that productivity and employee commitment are strongly affected by clear, ongoing, candid dialogue with all of the company's internal constituencies
An undergraduate degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree is a plus
Warner Bros. Discovery and CNN intend to attract a superior Chief Digital Officer and is prepared to offer an attractive compensation package including a base salary, bonus, and equity.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1b5om-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.