The Executive Producer for CNN Programming is responsible for the creative development and production of all aspects of the newscast. The candidate must be editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of both hard news and the audience, and able to translate this into an energetic and dynamic program. Sets and communicates the creative vision, creates and enhances the run down, proposes new program concepts and must be able to provide compelling and upscale storytelling.
• The candidate must be a strong leader in the newsroom and the control room; possess the ability to bond with high-powered talent and to manage them, have demonstrated strong managerial skills and the ability to lead and develop a team in support of the strategic vision as set by Sr. Management, including anchors, reporters, producers, writers, bookers, copy editors and other editorial positions.
• To maximize the impact of programming across all CNN platforms, the ideal candidate will possess a collaborative personality and work constructively with colleagues across CNN/US as well as those working in online, international, PR, sales, and marketing.
• The Executive Producer will partner with our network booking unit to resolve daily booking issues as well as with our domestic newsgathering to manage day-of story distribution as well as enterprise story distribution.
• The Executive Producer must effectively and efficiently handle problem solving daily and must be able to attend daily editorial meetings in the morning and afternoon.
• Other areas include being responsible for budget items, both short term and long term. Involved in editorial, operational, and managerial strategy.
• On call 24/7.
• 10+ years of editorial experience with 3 or more years of leadership experience in network and/or cable television.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• This position requires a collaborative personality with an aptitude for working under pressure with diverse talent and staff in addition to managing on-air personalities.
• Knowledge of i-News computer system is helpful.
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require.
• Ability to Travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpmw99-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.