New York, NY
Executive Producer (CNN)
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to tell stories rooted in journalism and facts through the next generation of news and information experiences. This team is building the content that will be offered directly to consumers. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Executive Producer will be responsible for the creative development and production of all aspects of the show. Candidates must be editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of the news and the audience. Will translate this knowledge into an energetic and dynamic program. Will set and communicate the creative vision for the show, build and enhance the show run down, propose new program concepts and provide compelling and upscale storytelling.
• Must be a strong leader in both the newsroom and the control room.
• Will engage and manage high profile talent as well as a show team that will successfully deliver on the strategic vision set by Sr. Management.
• Will set and communicate the creative vision for the show, build and enhance the show run down, propose new program concepts and provide compelling and upscale storytelling.
• Will collaborate with colleagues across US Programming as well as digital, international, PR, sales and marketing.
• Individual will assume responsibility for short and long-term budget items.
• Oversee a daily program, leading the editorial selections and day to day management
• Manage the talent, direct guest booking pursuits and live event planning
• Must be able to meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality work.
• Will be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment.
• 10+ years of editorial experience with 3 or more years in a leadership role in network and/or cable television, primetime/major market experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Collaborative personality with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities
• Knowledge of i-News computer system is helpful
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
• Able to travel
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykbmq-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.