Executive Director, Content Strategy (CNN+)
The Executive Director will build a content strategy team at CNN for next-generation products, with an eye towards identifying direct-to consumer, paid experiences. We are seeking a high-performing individual who values collaboration and who shares our passion for content that shares reliable and trusted news and information, to deliver it directly in the hands of our audience. This key leadership role will lead the content strategy team, connecting the dots between content, and identifying content needs and gaps across stages of the user journey.
The ideal candidate will have deep experience using data and analytics to drive customer acquisition, retention, audience growth. The Executive Director will lead their team to think like the viewer, and partner with content creators to advance their work. This role requires someone who is process-oriented and willing to try new things while remaining decisive and nimble. This position is responsible for building strong relationships across the global organization and will partner closely with teams, including product, research, content creators, and go-to-market. The Executive Director reports to the SVP of Content Strategy and Operations and plays a key role as a people manager leading a team and building the team's capabilities.
• Define content strategy by synthesizing research and insights to inform planning.
• Identify gaps and opportunities in programming
• Partner with content creators to develop concepts
• Lead scheduling and release cadence.
• Drive content mapping efforts
• Understand the competitive landscape and help define CNN's unique place in the market.
• Lead a team that will present data-based analyses and reports on internal and competitive landscape.
• Partner with go-to-market to ensure strategic content projects are promoted.
• Manage the content strategy team.
• 10+ years of high-level journalism experience.
• 3-5 years experience leading a team - track record of building teams and managing them in a fluid, deadline environment
• Four-year college degree.
• Proven success using data to inform content development and strategy.
• Passionate news and entertainment enthusiast, from live programming to docuseries, across all demos and genres
• Excellent creative vision, delegation and prioritization skills.
• Strong presentation skills with excellent communication skills and commitment to accountability and transparency
• Excellent teamwork and team-building skills.
• Proven ability to think multiple steps ahead, multitask and manage large projects.
• Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and constantly evolving organizations, and to thrive in an extremely fast-paced and high-pressure working environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4jz77-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.