Anchor Producer, This Morning - Poppy Harlow
New York, NY
Your New Role…
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
Your Role Accountabilities…
A CNN Electronic Graphics Operator (EGO) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team. A CNN EGO has a keen eye for attention to detail and thrives in the fast-paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for ensuring the accuracy of all graphic elements.
• Testing, organizing and playout of show graphics in a 24x7 live news environment
of text information before use to ensure accuracy in spelling, network style, and editorial content
• Collaborating with editorial show team members to ensure accuracy of all show graphic elements
• Handling overview training of those new to the department
• Troubleshooting and critical analysis of issues, including follow-up and documentation of on/off air discrepancies
Qualifications & Experience…
You are a strong multitasker and have the skills to handle prioritizing and executing multiple requests at the same time. Knowledge of Graphics systems is needed. Must work well under pressure and be able to show strong teamwork capabilities as part of a control room t eam. Willingness to learn and embrace new technologies. De monstrated analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
• College degree or equivalent prior experience working in a live control room production environment
• Prior experience with VizRT Trio, or comparable CG equipment in a live control room environment
• Strong multi-tasking skillset
• An ability to work in a high pressure, 24/7 news environment.
• Fluent in Windows-base d applications
• Average to above average spelling ability
• Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment
• Attention to detail, overall positive attitude and ability to work well with others
• Open to and accepting of new technologies as well as the ability to quickly learn those new technologies
• Knowledge of Control Room workflows preferred
• Knowledge of Newsroom Computer Systems preferred
• Fluency in Spanish preferred
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. $61,239.00 - $113,730.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6186j-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $61,239 to $113,730 Per Year ($ USD)
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.