Editorial Producer (Booker), CNN
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for the CNN Newsroom. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live, daily interviews in addition to special projects. The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long-term booking opportunities. Editorial Producers work with Segment Producers to develop characters for long-term stories. Performs other related duties as assigned. Job requires travel for breaking news bookings.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent news production experience.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and established connections in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Bachelor's degree required. Second language a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznz62-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.