Editorial Producer, Guests
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests for the Newsroom Weekday 9am show . Duties include but are not limited to communicating with all guests on the show, reconfirming their travel & arrival times, upgrading bookings when breaking news occurs and working under very tight deadlines.
The Editorial Producer must also be able to conduct pre-interviews over the phone, work with technical production managers to setup live and taped b-roll shoots, conduct preliminary research, pitch guest ideas and work on long term bookings. Editorial Producers work with Segment Producers to develop characters for debates and political panels. Job may require travel for breaking news situations.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• A bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• This candidate must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Second language a plus.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1n07e-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.