Editorial Producer/Booker (CNN)
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news. The Internet is changing the news and information landscape, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to tell stories rooted in journalism and facts through the next generation of news and information experiences. This team is building the content that will be offered directly to consumers. You'll be joining an empowered cross-functional team building trusted new digital products, platforms, and content that will put CNN directly in the hands of consumers.
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Editorial Producer is responsible for booking guests, making pitches, and handling newsmaker requests. The ability to collaborate well with internal and external stakeholders is critical to this position. This individual is the show's booking representative and is responsible for constantly upgrading the quantity and quality of bookings for live daily interviews in addition to special projects. The Editorial Producer is also responsible for researching and pitching unique new guests and ideas daily.
This person must also be able to react quickly in breaking news situations and line up officials, lawmakers, outside reporters and principals in a situation where the news happens while we are live as well as when news breaks during the day. The Editorial Producer should also have a strong grasp on using social media to find people involved in breaking news situations in remote areas. This person must also be able to develop and cultivate and maintain new guest relationships on behalf of the program and the network.
The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, researches, and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities. Performs other related duties as assigned. Job may require travel for breaking news bookings and being in the control room during the show.
• A qualified candidate for this position must have 4+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
• Research skills are essential to this position.
• Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
• Ability to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
• Knowledge of current events, key players, and issues in global affairs a must.
• Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
• Second language a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzk6kq-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.