See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Politics is looking for an editor for The Point with Chris Cillizza. This editor will work closely with Chris to identify opportunities for analysis, set priorities on execution and timing and coordinate across platforms (TV, digital video, newsletters, audio) – as well as work with Politics team editors, Washington bureau newsgathering leaders and digital programming partners to identify coverage needs. The core responsibilities of the role are to quickly and cleanly edit copy, communicate across teams, and oversee content for The Point.
This role requires creative planning and packaging for stories on both desktop and mobile platforms, including purposeful decision-making on headlines, images and video. Clear communication with programming and social media teams is essential in this role for developing, executing and evolving a strategy for alerting audiences.
The successful candidate will have a passion for politics and policy coverage, creativity and enthusiasm for all aspects of our programming and planning.
• Edit copy quickly and cleanly
• Communicate and coordinate constantly with the programming, news & alerting, digital news, news gathering and social media teams
• Have a passion for political news, analysis and creative multi-platform content possibilities
• Demonstrate love for and understanding of analyzing audience data, constantly refining and evolving strategy based on audience metrics
• React swiftly to breaking news and help strategize the best delivery for analysis that builds on news coverage
• Create sharp headlines
• Work with editorial, design and product teams to coordinate content and distribution strategies
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related discipline or equivalent experience
• 5 years of experience in an editor or reporter role at a traditional or digital-native news
• Strong editing skills are needed for this role
• Sound editorial and social media judgment
• Excellent writing and visual communication skills
• Strong content management system experience on desktop and mobile
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment making independent decisions
• Strong understanding of mobile, apps, and social media
• Experience in a video-led operation a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7knbq-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.