Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Job Title: Entertainment Editor
Job Location: LA, NY or Atlanta
CNN Digital is the most powerful news brand on the internet, reaching millions of people across platforms and around the world every day. We are journalists, designers and technologists, all united by a powerful mission to inform, engage and empower the world. Join the most trusted and recognized name in news and be a part of a dynamic global team of smart, collaborative and thoughtful journalists doing essential work at a critical time.
We are looking for an editor to join our CNN Entertainment team. This is a dynamic, prolific team of storytellers that creates engaging content for a global audience of millions each month. CNN Entertainment aims to deliver timely, essential news about the television shows, movies, and music that shape and reflect our culture. This role will require some weekend and evening hours as needed.
• Use sharp judgment to assign and edit multiple topical daily news pieces, fact checking, crafting eye-grabbing headlines, packaging stories with appropriate photos and assuring content meets CNN's high standards for accuracy.
• Assign and edit breaking news to features and back again.
• Work collaboratively with Entertainment team, the larger CNN Digital operation and with other CNN platforms, shows and units, to grow our audience and maintain journalistic excellence.
• Daily editing that improves our digital storytelling with accuracy and fairness
• Edit and publish fast-breaking news
• Edit special projects
• Be the finale copy editing eyes on content from our assignment editors.
• Quickly read and absorb news developments from many sources and creatively conceptualize ideas for pieces, then work cooperatively with potential writers to produce content.
• 5+ years of proven editing/reporting experience in print, online or in broadcast.
• Strong editorial judgment, news writing and editing skills.
• The ability to critically edit articles to strengthen engagement and elevate writers' voices. Must be an excellent communicator and possess the ability to provide clear, constructive feedback
• Expertise and keen awareness of all things entertainment, especially film, television, pop culture and music. Awareness and appreciation for theater, gaming and/or social media personalities is a plus.
• Sourced in the entertainment industry is a plus
• College degree preferred
• Ability to work in a 24/7 breaking new environment
• This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dye51p-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.