Editor, Content Programming (CNN+)
The Editor will execute the programming strategy across desktop web, mobile apps, and TV apps. The editor coordinates the effective placement of live and video content to drive peak user engagement and retention. The editor will be responsible for building playlists, writing show and episode synopses, and testing images for optimal performance. Comprehensive experience working within a CMS is required. The ideal candidate must have a strong command of news and entertainment programming, and an ability to execute on content priorities. This role requires someone who is process-oriented and willing to try new things. All editors on the programming team need to think like a viewer. A ferocious appetite for audience data and the ability to apply audience behavior into programming choices are required. This position reports to the Senior Editor.
• Program core platforms, updating feature pages and carousels to ensure that the best and newest content is showcased for peak user engagement.
• Monitor content performance and adjusts tactics to deliver business goals
• Showcase strong editorial judgement to make calls around content that meet the journalistic standards of CNN.
• Pitch, develop and execute programming tactics and ideas.
• Four-year college degree. Journalism degree preferred
• 4+ years of high-level journalism experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid news judgment.
• Strong writing skills.
• Proven ability to multitask.
• Ability to execute during break news situations.
• Must be able to adapt to a 24h/7 day a week news environment
• Must be able to work shifts at all times of day and night
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d55k17-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.