CNN Digital is in search of a Director of Photography who can bring their sharp, visual skills to news and documentary episodic storytelling . This Director of Photography will be in the field capturing original footage for documentary show teams that are working against extremely tight deadlines. Extensive knowledge of interview set ups, and camera/lighting techniques that properly capture the subject is essential. The Director of Photography will be embedded with editorial partners and must be ready to get into the field at a moment's notice. Being a team player who can contribute to the look and feel of the shows they're working on is essential. A deep technical expertise of modern cinema cameras, capture techniques, lighting and sound is required.
• Working closely with editorial partners to capture interviews and b-roll.
• Refining visual storytelling techniques.
• Selecting cameras, lensing, lighting and sound tools to best convey story.
• Operating under tight deadlines, and paying close attention to production budgets.
• Working to ensure that creative editorial goals are never overlooked.
• A portfolio of documentary camera work.
• Extensive knowledge of RED, Arri, and Sony large sensor cinema cameras.
• Deep understanding of lensing in quick turn, multi set up environments, where time is often limited.
• Experience with modern camera formats, and capturing wide color gamut HDR footage.
• Properly lighting and exposing for interview subjects in a variety of field scenarios.
• Operating multiple cameras
• Experience and knowledge in audiovisual standards like UHD, SDR, HDR.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize long-term projects and day-to-day needs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb13qk-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.