We are seeking a Director, Data & Analytics Platform within CNN's Product & Technology team. They have the primary responsibility of leading data warehousing and analytics, overseeing all activities and ensuring alignment with the CNN vision and objectives. This leader will organize and assemble resources and technology to address the current and future analytics needs of the business.
The Director, Data & Analytics Platform also understands that information and data are key business asset and operationalizes the application of data and information in order to deliver optimal performance for all CNN functional teams. This role will provide leadership for all CNN data programs participating in various leadership committees as necessary to influence data capabilities and competencies within the CNN's business.
• Defines and owns the objectives, roadmap, and prioritization of the data & analytics platform.
• Provides thought leadership and acts as a subject matter expert in the designing and recommending of appropriate analytical approaches and data methodology.
• Leads the data analytics and engineering teams in research, development, and implementation of appropriate data systems.
• Co-leads measurement framework development and defines the KPIs (alongside senior data and analytics leadership).
• Helps drive data culture and promoting data-driven decision-making, consumer-driven analytics, marketing, and business planning across the business.
• Builds and evangelizes internal profile of data and analytics stories and spreading them across the business (why data work is important, the insights revealed by data analytics, and actions that should follow the data analyses).
• Plays a key mentorship role to data product managers, analysts, and data engineers ensuring constant improvement in their professional skills, guiding in the execution of their duties.
• Determines the adoption of suitable modular tool-sets that drive innovation and create an advantage for CNN functional stakeholders.
• Supports functional leaders in making strategic, data-driven decisions, in regard to new products, additional use cases, customer segments, investments, among other subjects.
• Builds, maintains, and improves the existing business intelligence and analytics tools across the department and across the business.
• Stays informed and keeps up with the latest industry trends and best practices to inform data warehousing and data analytics personnel.
• 10+ years of working experience in a data analytics or data warehousing team, preferably working as a Head of Data or Analytics services.
• 5+ years of management experience, with demonstrated ability to manage, mentor, and lead a team.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business process analysis, data architecture design and development as well as the implementation of data workflow enabled enterprise solutions.
• 5+ years' experience working with large data-sets and cloud-based enterprise data warehouse computing systems (Hadoop, Spark, Data Lakes, NoSQL, etc).
• Successful experience bringing together diverse functions and building teams that include data engineering and analysts, guiding them through successful data analytic projects.
• Strong knowledge or experience of the online direct-to-consumer domain. Outstanding organizational, interpersonal (ability to influence without hierarchy) and communication skills.
• Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic, and agile environment that can pivot quickly to capture opportunities from the consumers and business's changing needs.
• A quick learner who can work independently in a matrixed environment, adaptability and a strong self-teaching ethic.
• Academic background in a quantitative field, preferably holds a Master's degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or any other related field (An equivalent of the same in working experience is also acceptable for the position).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3yz4-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.