Digital Sales Planner
New York, NY
The CNN Digital Sales Planner is part of the WarnerMedia Revenue Operations organization and supports the NYC/South-East advertising sales team. The Sales Planner will serve as the advertiser point-of-contact for all campaign-related inquiries throughout the campaign lifecycle by owning tasks and leveraging support teams.
The ideal candidate is expected to have a strong working knowledge of the digital media space, be an effective communicator, detail-oriented and work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. This role will be a liaison between the advertiser and internal departments to develop strategic proposals and integrated media plans, generating ideas and concepts to meet clients' objective and KPIs. The Sales Planner is responsible for overall client satisfaction, strategy, and program delivery for assigned accounts.
In addition to general digital expertise, the Sales Planner will be expected to develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of CNN products and how to strategize on optimal media mix to meet and exceed the advertiser's performance goals, as well as help to maximize revenue for CNN products.
• Collaborate with support teams (i.e. Sales Account Executives, Content Strategists, Marketing, Yield, Account Services, etc) on RFP responses, proactive proposal development, pitch materials, optimizations, presentations, selling new business and upselling existing clients.
• Lead the development of media plans by bringing together the value of CNN media offerings with advertiser's campaign objectives.
• Maintain knowledge and expertise of CNN full suite of ad products, capabilities and media solutions across all platforms to make appropriate recommendations.
• Collaborate with Yield team to evaluate inventory opportunities and to maximize revenue
• Provide ad hoc trainings for clients as new products, features, and pilots roll out to market
• Partner with Account Services to help steward campaigns by participating in the development campaign wrap-ups and/or Quarterly Business Reviews to clients, provide optimizations and identify upsell opportunities.
• Work closely with Planning Managers to tactically drive company-wide goals, update trainings and identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures
• 1-2+ years of experience working in a Sales Planning or Client Services role
• Proven track record of providing excellent customer service
• Familiarity with digital tools and technology platforms including CRM and OMS (experience with Salesforce, Operative.One, Looker, Google AdManager, FreeWheel MRM is a plus)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PPT & Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to relay technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Enthusiastic, flexible, organized, a strategic thinker and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to organize and prioritize assignments
• Analytical thinking with ability to drive insights from data
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly
• BA/BS from a 4-year university or equivalent experience
• Previous sales or agency experience
• Experience working in the media department for a major publisher
• Passion for journalism, defining cultural events and moments and news
• Understanding of WarnerMedia brands