New York, NY
CNN is the world's most essential and engaging source of video and digital news, and we're embarking on a crucial mission to invent the next generation of news and information experiences to inform, engage, and empower the world. We have a unique ability to marry content, design, product, and technology to spark connection, fulfill utility, and build community. With our consumer and facts-first strategy, we're developing new platforms and formats that put CNN's talent, expertise, and content programming directly in the hands of consumers.
The Producer will work closely with CNN's emerging products team and create content for next-generation products, with an eye towards identifying direct-to-consumer, paid experiences. In this role you will help us experiment, ideate, develop and produce live and tape content.
• Collaborate with the editorial team to develop and create video concepts and live programs
• Pitch compelling, informative, community-building, creative content
• Book hosts, guests, and experts
• Research, write and produce content with a cohesive narrative
• Shoot and edit video stories
• Meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality and on-budget work
• Partner closely with internal stakeholders across the organization
What You'll Need To Be Successful
Must have a strong command of news programming and be a voracious consumer of news and video content in its many forms. An ideal candidate must also have superior editorial judgment. An understanding of audience feedback and behavior, and the ability to create and develop content accordingly is necessary. Experience in digital and/or television news production is required.
• College degree or equivalent experience
• 4+ years editorial and digital news environment experience
• Proven ability to develop and produce video over mobile and/or television platforms
• Passion for topical news and key issues of the moment
• Excellent writing, producing, and editing skills
• Understanding of diverse video formats, from live programming to storytelling
• Experience producing and coordinating live hits from a control room, a plus
• Ability to collaborate under pressure with diverse staff, talent, and other on-air personalities
• Quick thinker who thrives under pressure
• Creative and unafraid to share new ideas and initiatives
• Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and interpersonal skills
• Must be agile and adaptable in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkkz84-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.