WarnerMedia seeks a Cross Platform Prod Assistant for the Production Operations department. As a member of Production Services, you will contribute to creating a great work environment where you can grow in your career and be part of a high performing team that delivers quality journalism for CNN worldwide. The Production Services Cross Platform Production Assistant is on the front lines of logging, identifying, and producing sound while adhering to the highest editorial & journalistic standards.
• The Cross Platform Production Assistant will view video and create descriptive narratives of visuals and sound that result in shot sheets or transcripts for key video assets.
• You will collaborate with senior Image+Sound staff to help prioritize content for all CNN's platforms.
• You will support CNN's television and digital platforms daily.
• You will often be the first set of eyes and ears on critical new elements.
• The CPPA will have the opportunity to gain and demonstrate sound editorial judgment in their daily responsibilities.
• You will have the chance to participate in growth and development opportunities.
• You will have a front row seat to the biggest news stories in our time.
• Supporting daily production across all CNN's platforms.
• Log key news events.
• Monitor video assets and provide accurate logs, shot-sheets, and transcripts.
• Locate and enter essential metadata fields for the production and preservation of key video.
• Communicate with producers, newsgathering leaders, field producer, reporters and others to help identify on relevant information about the video you will log.
• Identify people, places, and technical quality.
• Learning about top news stories and learning from seasoned professionals, to help you advance your career.
• Agility in work environment.
• The Image+Sound Cross Platform PA may at times work in an open workspace environment, or remotely via a company provided laptop.
• Image+Sound Production Services follows CDC recommendations as they relate to workspace environments. As recommendations change, the work environment may also change.
• High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred: (typically in liberal arts such as journalism, English, political science) or similar demonstrated on the job experience.
• A strong curiosity for current and historic events
• A motivation to grow and adapt to a rapidly changing business
• Typing skills (You must average 38-45 words per minute)
• Command of the English language.
• Ability to understand a variety of accents
• Willingness to stay focused for long periods of time while working in a noisy fast-paced newsroom environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22mqy-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.