Every great story has a new beginning. We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. WBD is a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. We're home to the world's best storytellers, creating world-class products for consumers. From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
A Newsource Content Producer leverages the assets of the worldwide networks of CNN and its affiliated partners to gather, produce and distribute air-ready national and regional news content and services to more than 1000 CNN affiliates worldwide.
• As CNN's affiliate news service, Newsource ensures its affiliate partners are provided with content and services to help them create relevant, impactful and dynamic newscasts.
• The duties involved in the Newsource content distribution process include editorial decision making, writing, copy editing, content promotion, and live programming.
• A Newsource Content Producer must have excellent news judgment, time management skills, and attention to detail.
• Because Newsource is an affiliate news service, Content Producers must have an excellent attitude, and be able to provide world-class customer service.
• The Content Producer must be resourceful and able to think broadly and innovatively to find new ways to maximize resources among CNN and affiliate partners.
• Strategic, creative social media skills are a must, as promoting Newsource content and services is major driver to our success.
• The position plays a central role in disseminating and delivering content to more than 1000 affiliates, ensuring a superior, turnkey product for our affiliate customers.
• 3-5 years' experience as an assignment editor, line producer, news producer or writer.
• Impeccable news judgment, critical and strategic thinking, organizational skills, and positive team leadership skills.
• Refined interpersonal skills.
• Ability to adapt during breaking news.
• Stellar social media and customer relations skills.
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment are a must.
• Experience at a local news operation is a plus.
• Must be able to work any shift, including overnights.
This position is required to work in person at one of our locations in the United States. WarnerMedia requires anyone working in our workplaces in the US to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions to this vaccine requirement are available to those entitled to reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb8jzk-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.