CNN is looking for a Content Producer.
Your New Role…
The live aspects of the CNN Newsource business are among the core contract obligations with CNN's affiliate partners. The live Content Producers field produce for CNN Newsource Correspondents, program live event channels, and respond to affiliate requests. Content Producers coordinate facilities for affiliate stations, book liveshots for CNN and Newsource correspondents, and troubleshoot technical issues. When producing in the field, they handle all logistic and editorial support for reporters covering breaking news and big events. The Content Producer also supports affiliates traveling with Newsource crews. When not in the field, Content Producers can find themselves in the control room, line producing live shots or writing packages. Some of the types of packages include breaking news, news of the day, health, consumer, and trending topics. The bulk of the Content Producer's time is spent at the Live Desk, where Content Producers ensure our 17+ live channels are thoughtfully programmed and robust with regional and national news. The events include live news conferences, aerials and ground shots of breaking stories, presidential trips, court proceedings, and much more. In addition, Content Producers serve as customer service representatives to our affiliate partners, acting as liaisons between the local newsroom and the CNN network.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Live Programming/Promotion Partner with CNN Newsgathering, International Newsgathering, CNN Bureaus, and Newsource Newsgathering to ensure affiliate broadcast and livestream access to live events being brought into the network. Using a MagVue, producers employ editorial judgement to route live events onto one of the 17+ HD channels of CNN Newsource (Satellite, TVU grid and LiveU matrix) while communicating plans within the Newsource portal, email outlooks, audio alert system and Newsource social media.
• Affiliate Coordination Manage affiliate requests for CNN and CNN Newsource correspondent live shots, reserve CNN facilities to accommodate guests or affiliate reporters, troubleshoot technical issues while serving as a customer service representative to meet affiliate needs. Work with CNN's National Content Center and Planning Desk to coordinate satellite truck deployment, field crew assignments and travel for breaking news stories.
• Package Writing Writes and produces franchise packages (health, consumer, trending) and day-of news packages that meet all legal, ethical, and journalistic standards of CNN while also clearing video and text contained within the pieces. Collaborates with Newsource technical directors, affiliate control rooms, and field crews to coordinate live product.
• Field Producing and Live Logistics Travel on breaking and planned news events to field produce for CNN and CNN Newsource correspondents reporting live for affiliates. The duties include handling travel and other crew logistics (credentials, site-surveys, etc), editorial producing for the correspondent, communicating plans with the live desk and CNN network teams, working with the Newsource Control Room all while ensuring the Newsource crew's needs are considered and covered.
Qualifications & Experience…
• Mandatory 5 years broadcast newsroom experience as a reporter, producer, or on the assignment desk or similar. Affiliate experience is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, mass communication or a like field of study preferred
• 3 years field production experience
• Fantastic writers with impeccable news judgment and knowledge. True consumers of news.
• The ideal candidate is collaborative, motivated, driven, has a positive attitude, and is a self-starter who can be flexible to travel during breaking news yet primarily works in our newsroom
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmoy12-44-200-171-156-42 in your application.